Zartman Construction, Inc. has a full time Accounting Clerk opening in Northumberland, PA. If you are organized, have great energy, are experienced with Customer Billing & Accounts Receivable and have at least 2 years of Accounting experience, please read on.
Pay: Will be determined by bookkeeping skills and construction related experience.
Summary: The Accounting Clerk is responsible for time & material and AIA invoicing for customers. He/she will perform processing and data entry for job cost & equipment adjustments along with accounts receivable collection calls. This person must have strong communication skills to work with customers and all staff levels. Viewpoint Vista Construction Software experience is a plus but not required. This role also assists with year-end audit research and Excel spreadsheets. The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the CFO and supports the Accounting Department.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk:
• Compile and process job time & material invoices and AIA customer billings.
• Compile and process inventory, materials, and fab shop slips.
• Data entry and job cost posting for equipment usage.
• Equipment fuel data entry and posting.
• A/R collection calls, letters, and civil complaint paperwork when needed.
• Process paperwork and data entry for our Retail Rental Division
• Support CFO and Accounting Department with spreadsheets, word documents and projects.
• Cross train in other Accounting Department positions for self-knowledge and backup.
Requirements of the Accounting Clerk:
• High School Diploma or GED Required. Accounting A.S. or B.S. degree preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in Accounting positions. Construction experience preferred.
• Must have the technical and written skills required for writing professional documents.
• Must have well-developed people and communicative skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel including field, office, project management estimating and executive management in person as well as via the telephone.
• Data entry, spreadsheet and analytical skills are essential. Must be Excel savvy. Viewpoint Vista experience not required but preferred.
• Must be detailed oriented, accurate and able to work independently and effectively.
• We offer excellent starting wage, incentive plan, employer matched 401K plan, paid holidays, vacation, medical benefits, employee wellness program and more. When possible, we promote from within.
• Our company is a great place to learn and excel. We have lunches, group activities, company parties, and celebrate birthdays. Friends and family and passion for our work are part of the core values. If you are self-motivated, accurate, timely and want to learn new skills, this is the job for you!
Zartman Construction is an equal opportunity employer.