Successful candidate has 5+ years of experience maintaining a variety of construction tools and equipment. Able to work with little supervision to repair and maintain a variety of tools and pieces of equipment. Experience troubleshooting problems, disassembling- reassembling engines, cranes, trucks, man lifts, forklifts, skidders, excavators, and other types of powered equipment.
Education Requirements: HS Diploma, minimum. Prefer technical school/college education in diesel technology, heavy equipment mechanics, small engine repair, and/or equivalent years of experience.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail: Mandatory.
- Strength: Ability to physically move or manipulate heavy equipment.
- Mechanical Skills: Must be familiar with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, and the tools to fix them.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of electronics, ability to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Manual Dexterity: Good hands and great hand-eye coordination.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Ability to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
- Organization: Experience managing a preventive maintenance program.
- Safety: This is a safety-sensitive position.
This is a full-time position.
Zartman Construction Inc. offers competitive compensation, 401K plan, paid holidays, vacation, medical benefits, short-term disability and more. Zartman Construction is a family-owned and family-focused business that offers an environment to learn and grow. We promote from within, when possible.