When design and construction are both in our hands, you have a single point of contact and responsibility for quality, cost and schedule. You are able to focus on the scope of the project, defining the needs and timely decision-making, rather than coordinating between designer and builder.
Design-build can save over four months in most new construction projects. According to a study in The Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, design-build gets jobs done on-time and on-budget. These projects are generally delivered faster and with fewer change orders.
Our four phase process gives you more control over costs. We provide alternative methods and regular updates to assure a competitive price.
- Preliminary Phase – Ideas and requirements are transformed into preliminary drawings.
- Final Design Phase – Your Zartman project manager prepares bi-monthly reports to keep you informed and ensure your satisfaction.
- Preconstruction Phase – We negotiate with selected subcontractors and suppliers, awarding contracts to firms with a proven track record in quality and competitive pricing.
- Construction Phase – We use the critical path method (CPM) to ensure job control and resource efficiency. During the pre-construction and construction phases, you will meet with our project manager and subcontractors to provide a system of accountability that gives us the ability to stick to the CPM schedule.
- Gain quality – With one party responsible for the entire process, there’s motivation to provide superior quality and project performance
- Save money – Evaluate alternative construction costs earlier in the process.
- Save time – Design and construction overlap, and bidding and redesign are eliminated, significantly reducing construction time.
- Reduce burden on you – During design and construction, you don’t need to dedicate time and money to coordinating and arbitrating between separate design and construction contracts.
- Improve risk management – Risks are appropriately balanced (individual risks are managed by the party best positioned to manage that risk).