When design and construction are both in our hands, you have a single point of contact and responsibility for quality, cost and schedule. You are able to focus on the scope of the project, defining the needs and timely decision-making, rather than coordinating between designer and builder.
Design-build can save over four months in most new construction projects. According to a study in The Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, design-build gets jobs done on-time and on-budget. These projects are generally delivered faster and with fewer change orders.
Our four phase process gives you more control over costs. We provide alternative methods and regular updates to assure a competitive price.
- Preliminary Phase – Ideas and requirements are transformed into preliminary drawings.
- Final Design Phase – Your Zartman project manager prepares bi-monthly reports to keep you informed and ensure your satisfaction.
- Preconstruction Phase – We negotiate with selected subcontractors and suppliers, awarding contracts to firms with a proven track record in quality and competitive pricing.
- Construction Phase – We use the critical path method (CPM) to ensure job control and resource efficiency. During the pre-construction and construction phases, you will meet with our project manager and subcontractors to provide a system of accountability that gives us the ability to stick to the CPM schedule.
- Gain quality – With one party responsible for the entire process, there’s motivation to provide superior quality and project performance
- Save money – Evaluate alternative construction costs earlier in the process.
- Save time – Design and construction overlap, and bidding and redesign are eliminated, significantly reducing construction time.
- Reduce burden on you – During design and construction, you don’t need to dedicate time and money to coordinating and arbitrating between separate design and construction contracts.
- Improve risk management – Risks are appropriately balanced (individual risks are managed by the party best positioned to manage that risk).
Let’s talk about your project
Our experienced team can guide you through the design-build process and provide you with the best solutions for your project. Give us a call at 570-275-4400 or send us an email.