Solar (Photovoltaic) Construction
Zartman Construction is pursuing the “Green Alternative” by providing the same high level of quality installations that made our commercial construction services highly sought after. We design and engineer safe, efficient systems that will service your needs for generations to come.
Our team provides an on-site assessment to determine the feasibility of solar construction. Then we will help you design the best system for your space and install it.
How Does a Grid Tie Photovoltaic system work?
Solar panels turn the sunlight’s energy into direct current (DC electricity). The DC electricity is converted to Alternating Current (AC electricity) by using an inverter. The inverter also synchronizes the electric with the electrical grid.
If you produce more energy than you consume, the excess energy is distributed to the grid for broader distribution and your meter spins backwards earning you credit from your energy supplier. For safety reasons the inverters will shutdown in the event that the grid loses power.
What are my options for a solar system?
- Grid Tie
- Grid Tie with battery back-up
- Stand alone off grid
- Cystalline Silicon Modules Hard Panels
- Amorphouse Laminates Modules – for use on flat metal roofs or rubber roofs Flexible Panels
- String inverters – groups modules to supply power to inverters
- Micro inverters – an inverter for each panel
- Both types of inverters can be supplied with a Monitoring System
- Roof racking – fixed
- Ground mounts – fixed
- Pole mount – fixed or tracking
How much electricity will I get per kilowatt of solar panel installed?
It depends on the following:
- Latitude: Central PA – 41° North
- Cloud cover: Viable sunlight in PA averages 4.2 hours per day
- Sunlight intensity: Panels are tested at 1000 w/m2/STC; outside light typically maxes at 800 w/m2
- Orientation: optimal direction is south
- Tilt: Optimal tilt of the panel system varies with site conditions
- Shade: What % of the day will your panels be shaded?
- Equipment: Efficiency of equipment and wire losses
- Tracking: Fixed, single axis or dual axis
- Age: With every year PV panels lose an average of 0.5% of their efficiency
- Soiling: Dirty panels affect their efficiency
Let’s talk about your project
Our experienced team can guide you through the solar construction process and provide you with the best solutions for your project. Give us a call at 570-275-4400 or send us an email.