Zartman Construction, Inc., a large commercial, industrial contractor, is seeking an experienced CAD Operator to join our construction management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development of site and building engineering drawings, as primary provider of CAD services for the Company. The successful candidate will manage multiple construction projects simultaneously within scope, quality, time and budget constraints to deliver projects according to customer specifications and satisfaction.
- Coordinate with Estimators and Project Managers to develop full drawing sets during marketing and pre-construction phases, as required.
- Prepare full construction drawings and specs upon project award.
- Coordinate CAD projects with project managers to meet schedules; monitor progress, resolve issues relating to scope, schedule and budget of engineering and CAD.
- Work with local and state authorities, permitting agencies and building inspectors.
- Possess a working knowledge of construction and site development codes, as well as industry standards.
- Conduct research on technology and various department needs; make relevant recommendations for achieving Department and Company goals.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer-aided design, building construction or construction management is highly preferred; otherwise, relevant secondary education combined with appropriate construction and CAD experience may be considered
- Minimum of five years increasingly responsible experience in coordinating and managing construction projects utilizing CAD and related technology and software
- Possess necessary oral, technical and written communications skills
- Possess necessary interpersonal skills to be able to effectively interact with all levels of personnel on the project
- Highly proficient in the use of computers, smart devices, Autodesk Revit, MS Office Suite, MS Project and other software products used by the organization
- Experience with, or ability to learn, 3-D scanning to acquire site parameters
- Able to work additional and/or flexible hours, as necessary
- Able to operate a vehicle and travel to project sites; provide direction and support under varying environmental site conditions
Job Type: Full-time