Successful candidate has 5+ years of experience maintaining a variety of construction equipment and vehicles. Able to work with little supervision to repair and maintain hydraulic, diesel, mechanical and electrical systems, fuel and brake lines and more. Experience troubleshooting problems, disassembling- reassembling engines, cranes, trucks, manlifts, forklifts, skidders, excavators, and other types of powered equipment.
Education Requirements: HS Diploma, minimum. Prefer technical school/college education in diesel technology, heavy equipment mechanics, small engine repair, and/or equivalent years of experience.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail: Mandatory.
- Strength: Ability to physically move or manipulate heavy equipment.
- Mechanical Skills: Must be familiar with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, and the tools to fix them.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of electronics, ability to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Manual Dexterity: Good hands and great hand-eye coordination.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Ability to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
- Organization: Experience managing a preventive maintenance program.
- Safety: This is a safety-sensitive position.
This is a full-time position.
Zartman Construction Inc. offers competitive compensation, 401K plan, paid holidays, vacation, medical benefits, short-term disability and more. Zartman Construction is a family-owned and family-focused business that offers an environment to learn and grow. We promote from within, when possible.